Rainbow Antipasto Pasta Salad
This Rainbow Antipasto Pasta Salad is the best method to use up leftover antipasto ingredients! Additionally, it's simple to create, tossed with a zesty Italian herb vinaigrette, and yummy!
Rainbow Antipasto Salad Ingredients:
- 1 pound dry pasta (I used tri-colour rotini)
- 4-6 cups hopped antipasto ingredients (I used diced salami, mozzarella, cherry tomatoes, olives, artichoke hearts, pepperoncini, roasted red peppers. See below for more ideas.)
- 1 cup chopped fresh kale, massaged.
- a quarter of a small red onion, peeled and thinly sliced
- One batch Italian Herb Vinaigrette (see below)
Italian Herb Vinaigrette Ingredients:
- 1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons McCormick Italian Blend Herb Grinder Italian seasoning, or homemade
- 1/2 teaspoons Kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoons freshly-cracked black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoons garlic powder
To Make The Antipasto Pasta Salad:
Cook the pasta in a large stockpot of generously-salted water al dente according to package directions. Drain pasta and rinse under cold water for around 20-30 seconds until no longer hot.
In a big bowlcombine the cooked pasta, antipasto ingredients, kale, and onion. Drizzle the Italian Herb Vinaigrette on top, then toss to combine. Serve immediately, or cover and refrigerate for up to 3 times.
To Make The Italian Herb Vinaigrette:
- To soften the kale, I placed it in the mixing bowl first, along with two tablespoons of the vinaigrette, and then used my hands to massage the vinaigrette into the kale for about 1 minute. This makes it considerably softer and will turn the kale a beautiful dark green colour.
- The sky’s the limit for other antipasto ideas, but in general, I recommend using any combination of:
- diced cheeses
- Italian meats
- grilled, roasted, or marinated veggies
- toasted nuts
- diced cantaloupe, grapes, or figs (only if you like fruit mixed in)