Chickpea Salad Recipe
Chickpea Salad Recipe - This Chickpea Salad is a light and refreshing summer salad recipe, and you can easily add in more vegetables too! It is vegan, oil-free, gluten-free, and plant-based. Salads are plentiful in the summertime, there are so many delicious salads to pick from, and you can easily adapt the recipe for your specific dietary requirements.
- 1 can-chickpeas
- 1 Persian-cucumber
- 1 Roma-tomato
- 1/2 red-pepper
- 1/8 cup red-onion
- 1 lemon-juiced
- 1 tablespoon parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher-salt
Chop up the vegetables into bite-size pieces and mix them into a bowl with the chickpeas.
Chop the parsley and mix with the lemon juice and salt.
Pour the lemon juice and parsley mixture over the salad and toss to combine.
Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- If you can't find Persian cucumbers, you can use 1/3 of an English cucumber.
- Need more sauce? You can add more lemon juice or add in some olive oil if you're not following an oil-free diet.
- Easily double or triple this recipe for entertaining.
- Like most mixed salads, it's even better the next day.
- This salad should last about four days in the fridge stored in an airtight container.