Easy Stovetop Sautéed Cinnamon Apples Recipe
All these Stovetop Sautéed Cinnamon Apples taste like a hot apple pie, but they come together in 5 minutes and are SO much healthier! This recipe produces a perfect for breakfast, and a snack, or dessert and is gluten, dairy and refined sugar-free!
Servings: 3 Cups
- 3 apples about 3 cups chopped*
- 2 TBS water
- 1 TBS coconut oil
- 1 TBS maple syrup
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp sea salt
- ¼ tsp pure vanilla extract
Cut apples into same-sized pieces (about ½-1” cubes).
Put apples pieces into a skillet with 2 TBS water. Cover the pan and cook over medium heat for about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the apples become slightly soft and water is absorbed.
Add 1 TBS of coconut oil to the skillet. Stir apples and oil together until all the apples are coated. Cook for 5 minutes, stirring every minute or so, until the apples become soft (you may need to cover them for the last 2 minutes).
Add Maple syrup, cinnamon, salt and vanilla. Stir until well mixed.
Cook for about 5 more minutes, stirring every minute until the apples reach your desired softness!
Remove from heat and serve!
- You can choose whether or not you peel your apples (if I'm feeding them to a baby without teeth I always peel them)!
- Butter can be substituted for coconut oil.
- Any sweetener you'd like can be substituted for the maple syrup. I have used honey and granulated sugar with excellent results.