Easy Vegan Sushi Bowl Recipe
This vegan sushi bowl is everything you love about sushi, served up in a bowl and topped with hot cashew mayo. All these sushi bowls are here to satisfy any sushi craving that might come your way. If you do not feel as take-out or creating your own rolls, then throw all your favorite sushi ingredients in a bowl and call it a day!
Servings: 4 Serves
- 1 batch Hot cashew mayo
- 2 cups cooked brown or white rice 1/2 cup per bowl
- 2 cups cooked shelled edamame (1/2 cup per bowl)
- 2 cups peeled and cubed sweet potato 1/2 cup per tbsp
- 1 cup julienned or grated carrot 1/4 cup per bowl
- 1 cup diced cucumber 1/4 cup per bowl
- 1 ripe avocado diced (1/4 per bowl)
- 8 tablespoons crumbled nori sheets or roasted seaweed snacks 2 tbsp per bowl
- 4 tablespoons sesame seeds 1 tablespoon per bowl
- Finely chopped green onion for instance, optional
- Dash of soy sauce for topping, optional
To create the spicy vegan mayo, blend all ingredients until creamy and smooth. See detailed directions and ideas for spicy mayo here.
Peel and cube the sweet potato and boil or steam until fork tender. Cook the rice and edamame in accordance with package instructions.
Grate or julienne the carrot and then dice the avocado and cucumber.
Assemble the bowls by starting with a scoop of rice and organizing the remaining ingredients at the top.
Garnish with sesame seeds and green onion, garnish with all the spicy mayo and soy sauce, if using and love.
Alternative Sauces: As opposed to the cashew Hot mayo, you can simply add some sriracha to vegan mayonnaise for a fast and effortless sauce choice. Plain soy sauce is just fine also or attempt a bit of wasabi or wasabi powder mixed into soy sauce.
Measuring: The bowl ingredients are approximate, there's no need to be precise!
Storage: If prepping in advance, leave the avocado off Until functioning and if possible, keep the mayo separately. The rice and Veggies can be assembled in complex and stored up to 3 days.