This vegan sushi bowl is everything you love about sushi, served up in a bowl and topped with hot cashew mayo. All these sushi bowls are here to satisfy any sushi craving that might come your way. If you do not feel as take-out or creating your own rolls, then throw all your favorite sushi ingredients in a bowl and call it a day!
- Rice white or brown rice works, I like white rice or short-grain brown rice to Get these bowls
- Lettuce — grate or use a julienne slicer
- Cucumber — dice or julienne in case you are feeling fancy
- Avocado — a must to get cool, creamy goodness!
- Sweet potato — when yam tempura rolls would be your favorite, including sweet potato to those is essential!
- Seaweed — use crumbled nori or roasted seaweed snacks or kelp flakes
- Edamame — I like shelled frozen edamame to get a quick and Effortless addition
- Dietary needs — vegan, oil-free, can be gluten-free
- Prep in advance — create a few bowls and stash in the refrigerator for quick, healthy meals all week
- Customizable — simple to customize to your preference or whatever you have on hand
- Cook the sweet potato, rice and edamame. The sweet potato may be boiled, steamed or roasted. Cook the rice and edamame according to package instructions.
- If you’re using the spicy mayo (recommended!) , make that now. You may find the full recipe and instructions for spicy mayo here. Below you will find some alternate sauce notions if you don’t want to perform the mayo.
- Soy Wasabi Sauce: If you like your sushi with wasabit, try a drizzle of wasabi soy suace over your bowl. To make, combine your desired level of soy sauce with wasabi powder or wasabit, to taste.
- Quick Spicy Mayo: In case you do not want to do the hot cashew mayo, just mix 1/3 cup mayonnaise with 1-2 tbsp sriracha should do the trick, a small spritz of lime juice is great too.
- Soy Ginger Dressing: Mix 4 tbsp soy sauce, 2 tbsp rice wine vinegar, 1 tablespoon maple syrup and 1 teaspoon each ground garlic and ginger. Drizzle over the bowl.
Looking for some other best recipes? Check out my Ground Beef Stroganoff Dinner Recipe
I hope you enjoy and thanks a lot for reading. Want to browse all of my recipe posts? Follow my Pinterest.
Please, if you recreate this Easy Vegan Sushi Bowl Recipe, don’t forget to give me star rate or comment below. Thanks!
Try these other Delicious Recipes options:
- Easy Vegan Broccoli Gratin
- Easy Chickpea Tikka Masala (Healthy Vegan)
- Easy Healthy Egg Salad Recipes Low Calories
- The Best Avocado Egg Salad Donuts
- Baked Spinach Mushroom Quesadillas
Easy Vegan Sushi Bowl Recipe
- 1 batch Hot cashew mayo
- 2 cups cooked brown or white rice 1/2 cup per bowl
- 2 cups cooked shelled edamame (1/2 cup per bowl)
- 2 cups peeled and cubed sweet potato 1/2 cup per tbsp
- 1 cup julienned or grated carrot 1/4 cup per bowl
- 1 cup diced cucumber 1/4 cup per bowl
- 1 ripe avocado diced (1/4 per bowl)
- 8 tablespoons crumbled nori sheets or roasted seaweed snacks 2 tbsp per bowl
- 4 tablespoons sesame seeds 1 tablespoon per bowl
- Finely chopped green onion for instance, optional
- Dash of soy sauce for topping, optional
- To create the spicy vegan mayo, blend all ingredients until creamy and smooth. See detailed directions and ideas for spicy mayo here.
- Peel and cube the sweet potato and boil or steam until fork tender. Cook the rice and edamame in accordance with package instructions.
- Grate or julienne the carrot and then dice the avocado and cucumber.
- Assemble the bowls by starting with a scoop of rice and organizing the remaining ingredients at the top.
- Garnish with sesame seeds and green onion, garnish with all the spicy mayo and soy sauce, if using and love.
[…] Easy Vegan Sushi Bowl Recipe […]