Sweet and savoury pan-seared salmon topped with sautéed shrimp in cajun butter sauce. Salmon New Orleans is an unforgettable 30-minute meal your family will crave!
I’m one hundred percent obsessed with this particular dish. If a person says fish and poultry in precisely the exact same sentence, I am absolutely on board. It requires seafood lovin’ into a whole new level. Do not think twice; just get yourself some salmon and shrimp and MAKE this recipe. I’m not above begging, but let’s not let it come to this, okay?
I made this dish roughly a month ago right before my kitchen was ripped out for the remodel, and I have been dreaming about that cajun butter sauce ever since.
Woah, did some one say cajun butter sauce?? YES! And it’s what you could dream of. A small number of seasonings out of your cabinet and a few bubbling melted butter is all it takes. Your tastebuds are in for a treat that my friends.
It’s difficult to believe that this meal only takes 30 minutes and only 1 pan, but I swear it’s true. Start by seasoning your salmon with salt and pepper to your preference. Melt some butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat and whisk in a little honey. That is key. The baby and butter together create a caramelization on the salmon that is finger-licking, write-home-about good.
As soon as your salmon is well-browned, caramelized, and cooked through, move it to a covered platter to keep warm while you operate on the fish.
Whisk together a handful of pantry spices to make your homemade cajun seasoning. I’ve been using this recipe for years, and it is a staple in my home! It’s got a kick and adds SO much flavour to anything from poultry, to fish, pork, and veggies.
Saute your shrimp in the same pan you used for your own salmon, combined with some more butter and that cajun seasoning. Top your salmon with a couple of shrimp and drizzle the cajun butter sauce from the pan directly over the top.
That’s it. So simple to create but believe me, you will go wild for this amazing dish. Restaurant-quality at home with no-fuss. This is what we live for, correct??
Looking for some other best recipes? Check out my Crispy Garlic Parmesan Salmon Recipe
I hope you enjoy and thanks a lot for reading. Want to browse all of my recipe posts? Follow my Pinterest.
Please, if you recreate this Salmon New Orleans Seafood Recipes, don’t forget to give me star rate or comment below. Thanks!
Try these other Delicious Recipes options:
- Salmon in Roasted Pepper Sauce
- Lemon Parmesan Salmon and Asparagus Foil Packs Simple Recipe
- Crispy Garlic Parmesan Salmon Recipe
- Easy Vegan Broccoli Gratin
- 90 Second Bread Gluten-Free & Keto (Not Eggy)
- Whole 30 Thai Turkey Burgers Recipe
Salmon New Orleans Seafood Recipes
- 4 6- ounce salmon-fillets
- salt-and-pepper to taste
- 1 pound large-shrimp peeled-and-de-veined
- 8 tbsp butter divided
- 2 tbsp honey
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp garlic-powder
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1/2 tsp onion-powder
- 1/2 tsp cayenne-pepper
- 1/2 tsp dried-oregano
- 1/4 tsp crushed-red-pepper-flakes
- In a small bowl stir together all cajun seasoning ingredients and set aside.
- Season salmon with salt and pepper to taste. Melt two tablespoons butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add honey and whisk to combine (mixture should be bubbly). Add salmon fillets to pan and cook for 5-6 minutes, then flip and cook another 7-8 minutes until salmon is cooked through, flaky, and browned. Transfer salmon to a platter and cover to keep warm.
- Add remaining butter to the pan over medium-high heat. Once butter is melted, stir in cajun seasoning. Add shrimp to pan and saute until opaque, about 5-6 minutes.
- Serve salmon topped with shrimp. Drizzle any extra pan sauce over the top and garnish with chopped parsley if desired. Serve immediately.
[…] Looking for some other best recipes? Check out my Salmon with Lemon Garlic Butter Sauce […]