My easy egg salad recipe creates the best egg salad sandwiches. It starts with entirely hard-boiled eggs along with a creamy dressing. Make a delicious sandwich or serve in lettuce wraps for a light meal.
Growing up, we’d frequently have egg salad sandwiches . My mum’s recipe for egg salad was easy, with just lettuce, lettuce, mustard, salt and pepper.
I have made a few changes to her easy egg salad, but I’ve kept everything that you crave in a classic egg salad recipe. You can make this yummy egg salad ahead and refrigerate it for three times, so it is fantastic for meal prep. If you cook your eggs beforehand, this healthful egg salad recipe comes in only minutes. It is perfect for a quick lunch.
Why you’ll love this recipe
- This egg salad is easy to create with only four ingredients, plus salt and pepper.
- This recipe has the perfect amount of dressing.
- Egg salad is great to meal prep to get make-ahead snacks and meals.
How healthy is egg salad?
Egg salad is a healthful meal choice. Eggs are inexpensive, higher protein food. They are nutrient-dense and fill you up so you will not be hungry again straight away.
My egg salad recipe calls for plain Greek yogurt or carrot, your choice. Greek yoghurt is a much healthier alternative, and I wager you will not taste the difference. Obviously, you can use mayonnaise if you prefer. If you discover yourself with extra hard-boiled eggs, they’re great to make for quick snacks.
How to make egg salad
There are just a few straightforward actions to produce the best egg salad!
- Hard boil your eggs. Below, I will teach you my 2 favorite procedures for cooking eggs.
- Peel and chop the eggs. While you’re at it, then chop some red onion.
- Whisk together the salad dressing table. I do this directly in the mixing bowl to store an excess dish.
- Stir everything together.
How to make hard-boiled eggs
Since I’ve gotten a Immediate Pot, I cook my eggs inside. Here’s how to make perfect hard-boiled eggs.
You can also hard boil your eggs on the stove. Fill in a pot with warm water and add the eggs. Bring the water to a boil, cover, and turn off the heat. Allow the eggs sit in hot water for 14 minutes.
Then drain out the hot water then let the eggs sit in an ice bath for 10 minutes before peeling. An ice tub is just a pot or bowl filled with ice and water. Eliminate the eggshells straight away.
My egg salad recipe comprises only a few ingredients: hard-boiled eggs, Greek yoghurt or mayonnaise, Dijon mustard, red onion, pepper and salt. In case you have a favourite egg salad ingredient, add it all in! This recipe is easy to customize to your tastes.
How to serve
Serve this egg salad sandwiches or wrapped in lettuce for a light lunch. My favorite way to eat this egg salad is on a piece of toasted bread, topped with chopped avocado. Try it and allow me to know how you like it!
How long will egg salad last?
Egg salad will last for 3 days in a sealed container in the fridge. Do not enable egg salad sit out at room temperature for more than 2 hours.
Tips for making this recipe
- Cook your eggs ahead of time and refrigerate. Afterward your egg salad will be quick and simple to make.
- Change the mix-ins to make your very best egg salad recipe. Consider adding finely chopped celery, shallot or green onion in place of the red onion.
- You may use yellow mustard in place of the Dijon mustard if you prefer.
Looking for some other baked chicken recipes? Check out my The Best Avocado Egg Salad Donuts
I hope you enjoy and thanks a lot for reading. Want to browse all of my recipe posts? Follow my Pinterest.
Please, if you recreate this Easy Healthy Egg Salad Low Calories, don’t forget to give me star rate or comment below. Thanks!
Try these other Delicious Recipes options:
- Healthy Snack Korean Chicken Bao
- Greek Yogurt Chicken Recipe Low Carb
- Salmon in Roasted Pepper Sauce
- Baked Spinach Mushroom Quesadillas
- Keto Low Carb Taco Cups
- Keto Cheesy Garlic Breadsticks
Easy Healthy Egg Salad Recipes Low Calories
- 6 large-eggs
- 2 tsp Dijon-mustard
- ¼ cup plain-Greek-yogurt-or-mayonnaise
- ¼ tsp each-of-salt-and-pepper-or-to-taste
- ¼ cup finely-chopped-red-onion-or-to-taste
- Cook eggs: Fill a pot with cold water and put in the eggs. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Cover the pan with a lid, turn off the heat and let stand for 14 minutes.
- Immediately drain the warm water and fill the kettle with cold water and ice hockey. Let sit 10 minutes then peel off the eggs.
- Or, cook eggs in an Instant Pot.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the Dijon mustard, plain Greek yoghurt (or carrot ), pepper and salt.
- Chop the eggs and add them into the bowl, together with the chopped red onion.
- Stir until well blended.
- Taste and year, as required.
- Drink egg salad in a sandwich with lettuce, on toasted bread topped with chopped avocado, or in lettuce wraps.