Cooking the chicken inside it is own marinade is the thing that makes the glaze with this particular chicken absolutely insane! Throw in a few fresh veggies and a yummy rice and you’ve got one powerhouse glazed chicken bowl!
I have gone and done it now you men… the most yummy chicken! As a busy Mother of 2, I LOVE simple meals. Most nights, I am blessed if I could muster the energy to cook dinner, let alone a lengthy, involved one. That is where I adore meals similar to this ! The chicken is marinated daily, which means you need to plan ahead a bit, but after it is time to cook the chicken, it is easy peasy.
You can use any vegetables that you’d like for this recipe… I chose some red bell pepper, sliced jalapenos and a couple of orange slices. And of course I garnished with some excess freshness from chopped green onions and parsley. There’s some warmth to this meal, but you can customize this to your tastes by using less Cajun seasoning, or omitting the sliced jalapenos.
One thing that’s unique about this recipe is that you’ll basically be braising the chicken, in the marinade! Simply pour the whole contents of the bag right into a large skillet and let the chicken and marinade simmer away. This procedure is what actually makes the”glaze” on this dish amazing… the liquid cooks down and what is made to coat the chicken is really a tacky, finger-lickin’ good glaze.
Looking for some other best recipes? Check out my Crispy Keto Onion Rings Recipe
I hope you enjoy and thanks a lot for reading. Want to browse all of my recipe posts? Follow my Pinterest.
Please, if you recreate this Cajun Honey Chicken Bowls Recipe, don’t forget to give me star rate or comment below. Thanks!
Try these other Delicious Recipes options:
- Low Carb Chicken Club Sandwich Recipes For Everyday
- Easy Vegan Sushi Bowl Recipe
- Ground Beef Stroganoff Dinner Recipe
- Healthy Pan Seared Salmon with Lemon Garlic Butter Sauce
- Salmon New Orleans Seafood Recipes
Cajun Honey Chicken Bowls Recipe
- 2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts Chopped into Pieces (chicken tenders May be used Alternatively )
- 1 red bell pepper seeded and Chopped
- 1 jalapeño pepper seeded and Chopped
- orange Pieces cut in half
- lime wedges for garnish optional
- 2 green onions Chopped for garnish (optional)
- fresh parsley minced for garnish (optional)
Cajun Honey Mustard Marinade
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1/3 cup orange juice fresh is best if possible
- 2 Tsp brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons Rough dijon mustard
- 1 Tbsp yellow mustard
- 3/4 tablespoon Cajun seasoning
- 2 Tsp garlic minced
- 1/2 Tsp salt
- 1/4 Tsp pepper
- Lean chicken breasts of fat, and slice into pieces to resemble chicken tenders.
- Add marinade ingredients to a zip-top plastic bag and whisk to combine. Add chicken to bag, and seal, pressing out any extra air. Smoosh the bag around a bit to make sure all the chicken pieces are coated in the marinade. Place bag on a plate and refrigerate up to 8 hours.
- Pour entire contents of the bag into a large skillet and heat over MED-HIGH heat until the mixture comes to a bubble. Reduce heat to MED-LOW and simmer, uncovered, for approximately 25-30 minutes, until most of the liquid cooks off, leaving a loose glaze.
- The previous five minutes or so, add from the chopped bell pepper, jalapeño and orange pieces and let them cook in the glaze.
- Remove chicken, oranges and veggies into a plate. Serve over rice, quinoa, or is for a low-carb alternative. If desired, garnish with chopped green onions, minced parsley, and a lime wedge.