Chicken Pot Pie – We know the best way to keep your crust from becoming soggy on your own chicken-pot-pie. It all depends on not using a soupy chicken filling. The filling ought to be thick when it comes off the cooker, a lot of chicken broth and you’ll run the risk of it seeping through your crust until it is boiled.
What is a chicken pot pie?
It’s a savoury pie filled with cooked-chicken, carrot, peas, and onion in a creamy sauce.
Do you need to make your pie crust?
We opt to because the only thing better than your same old chicken-pot-pie is chicken pot pie with a flaky homemade crust, buttery, but store-bought pie crust is a super helpful hack when you don’t want to spend time making a crust from scratch.
How can you make sure your bottom crust doesn’t get soggy?
This is all dependent on not having a soupy-chicken-filling. The filling should be thick when it comes from the stove, too much chicken broth and you’re going to run the chance of it seeping through your crust before it’s boiled.
Would you make chicken-pot-pie beforehand?
Absolutely! You may make the filling up to a day in advance, and you can freeze a whole unbaked chicken-pot-pie for as much as 2months.
Can I use rotisserie-chicken?
Yup! We adore turning to rotisserie chicken to get a shortcut any evening. This chicken-pot-pie uses rotisserie chicken most smartly.
How long can chicken-pot-pie ?
Freshly baked, chicken pot pie will last up to 5days in the refrigerator. Cover with aluminium foil or store in a resealable container. Wish more fantastic chicken-recipes?
I hope you enjoy and thanks a lot for reading. Want to browse all of my recipe posts? Follow my Pinterest.
Please, if you recreate this Healthy Chicken Pot Pie (Easy Recipe), don’t forget to give me star rate or comment below. Thanks!
Try these other Delicious Recipes options:
- Easy Low Carb Baked Chicken Tenders
- Crispy Honey Chicken (Easy Chicken Recipe)
- Easy Baked Crack Chicken Breasts Recipe
- Grilled Pineapple Chicken (Paleo + Whole30)
- Chicken Burrito Bowls Recipe For Lunch
- Slow Cooker Honey Garlic Chicken
Healthy Chicken Pot Pie (Easy Recipe)
For the crust
- 3 c.all-purpose flour plus more for surface
- 1 c.butter cut into 1/2″ pieces
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. kosher salt
- 1/2 c. ice water or more, if needed
For the filling
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts or 3 cups shredded cooked chicken
- 1/2 c. butter plus more for baking dish
- kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 2 large carrots peeled and diced
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 3/4 c. all-purpose flour
- 3 c. low-sodium chicken broth
- 1/4 c. heavy cream
- 1 c. frozen peas
- 2 tbsp. freshly chopped parsley
- 2 tsp. freshly chopped thyme leaves
- Egg wash
- Flaky sea salt
- Make-dough: Put flour and butter to freezer for 30minutes prior to beginning crust process. In a large food processor, pulse flour, baking powder, and salt until blended. Add butter and pulse until pea-sized and some marginally bigger pieces form. With the till dough just come together, machine running, 1 tbsp at a time, add ice water to feed, and can be moist but not wet and tacky (test by squeezing a pair together with your fingers).
- Turn dough onto a lightly floured surface, shape into 2 balls, and flatten into 2 disks (ensuring that there are no/minimal cracks). Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 30minutes.
- Cook-chicken: Preheat oven to 400°. Grease a large baking dish with butter and grease one side of a large piece of parchment with butter. Season chicken all over with salt and pepper then place in baking dish. Place 1 side of parchment paper over chicken, in order that chicken is totally covered. Let reset 10 minutes before cutting into cubes.
- Meanwhile, start filling: In a large pot over moderate heat, melt butter. Add carrots and onions and cook till vegetables are starting to soften, about 10 minutes. Stir in garlic, then stir in flour & cook until the flour mixture is golden and start to bubble. Bring mixture to a boil and cook until thickened, about 5minutes. Stir in heavy cream, peas, parsley, cubed-chicken, and thyme. Season mixture with salt & pepper.
- Assemble-pie: On a lightly floured surface, roll one disk of dough into a large round about 1/4″ thick. Put in a shallow pie dish then add filling. Roll out second disk of dough into a large round about 1/4″ thick and place on top of filling. Trim and crimp edges, then use a paring knife to make slits on top. Brush with egg wash and sprinkle with flaky sea salt.
- Reduce heat to 375° and bake pie until crust is golden, about 45minutes. Let cool for at least 15minutes prior to serving.
Incoming search terms:
- most tender chicken for chicken pot pie