Grilled Pineapple Chicken – How are you enjoying our grilled summer recipes so far this summer? This Paleo + Whole30 grilled pineapple chicken might be my personal favorite! It’s got this smoky barbecue flavor, with a touch of sweetness and that grilled pineapple, does it even get any better? Healthy summer dishes have never tasted so great!
The flavor of the chicken curry for this recipe is similar to a cleaned up Hawaiian BBQ sauce. It is a small smoky, a bit sweet, and will have you licking the extras off your fingers! We utilize all actual food ingredients, unlike a lot of store-bought sauces and marinades, and dates are our primary sweetener, keeping this 1 Whole30 compliant if that is your thing!
We use chicken thighs in this recipe, and this cook up pretty fast, and we adore grilling the chicken and pineapple on heat and also on our Traeger wood pellet grill. The Traeger adds a layer of smoke that you don’t get with a conventional grill. It also consistently cooks everything to perfection.
I need to acknowledge that grilling on our old charcoal grill was constantly intimidating to me, as I would slightly heat the house cooking with the stove/oven than try to get the charcoals going, without making a entire mess. On the Traeger, however, I feel as comfy as I do indoors in our kitchen. It has made cooking this summer a lot more entertaining and enjoyable for me personally! We had a Traeger for many decades, and then this summer, our friends at Traeger updated our setup and sent us a brand new grill! It has been one of my favourite pieces of the summer!
If you’ve never had grilled pineapple before, you’re in for a genuine treat! We adore leafy vegetables AND fruits throughout the summertime. There’s just something unique about it. Some of our favorite grilled veggies are pineapple (obviously) and stone fruit, like peaches, nectarines, plums, etc.. ) We’ve also attempted watermelon, cantaloupe, and strawberry as well! Seriously, start playing grilled veggies — you won’t regret it!
It is super yummy, easy to become a full meal, and something we wager even your kiddos will get excited about!
I hope you enjoy and thanks a lot for reading. Want to browse all of my recipe posts? Follow my Pinterest
Please, if you recreate this Grilled Pineapple Chicken (Paleo + Whole30), don’t forget to give me star rate or comment below. Thanks!
Try these other Delicious Recipes options:
- Chicken Burrito Bowls Recipe For Lunch
- Slow Cooker Honey Garlic Chicken
- Healthier Broccoli Chicken Casserole
- Bacon Avocado Chicken Salad with Lemon Vinaigrette
- Keto Chicken Cheese Bake
Grilled Pineapple Chicken
- 1 fresh-pineapple, skin-removed-and-cut-into-rounds with-the-core-removed
- 2 lbs boneless-chicken-thighs (or breasts)
For the marinade:
- 1/2 cup coconut-aminos
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup tomato-paste
- 4-6 pitted dates, soaked for 10-15 minutes in warm water to soften then drained
- 2 tsp garlic-powder
- 2 tsp chili-powder
- 1 tsp smoked-paprika
For serving and topping:
- White or cauli rice (Cauli rice for Whole30)
- Chopped-green-onions (for-topping)
- Soak dates in warm water, as noted to soften.
- To make the marinade, place all of the ingredients in a blender or food processor and run continuously to combine all the ingredients until smooth. Stop to scrape sides down as needed and restart.
- Place chicken in a shallow bowl or dish and pour the marinade over. Toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes or up to 24 hours.
- When you are about ready to grill, cut pineapple into rounds, as noted, cut out the tight inner core from the shells and set aside.
- Heat your grill to high heat (about 500° F). Add the chicken and pineapple to grill and cook, flipping once and basting the chicken with any remaining marinade until cooked through, about 5-6 minutes on each side depending on the size of the chicken. Remove pineapple when it is grilled to your liking (we grilled it just 3-4 minutes per side).
- Serve chicken and pineapple with your desired side, over rice, or greens (or greens and rice). Enjoy.