Starving but do not have enough time to cook?! This spicy peanut butter noodle recipe is only for you. It is vegan, fermented, simple to whip up, and packed with yummy peanut flavour.
This post contains affiliate links, so I get a small commission if you buy any products through those links. I just link to products I love and use myself. Thanks for creating Eat With Clarity possible!
I didn’t believe I could love a noodle recipe over that I really like my skillet, yet here I am, enjoying these hot peanut butter noodles more than ever. When a recipe entails both noodles AND peanut butter, I feel as though it just has to be great. And this one is great. Like really good.
It begins with cooked rice noodles that are chewy nevertheless still have a slight crunch that’s just barely detectable, but even there so that you know you’re eating noodles and not a heap of mush. Then, they’re smothered in THE MOST luscious peanut sauce I’ve ever produced.
It’s spicy, it’s savoury, it has a mild hint of sweet, along with the rice noodles soak it all up thus. Ideally, you’ll think you’ve died and gone to heaven.
Can I mention it comes together in just 15 minutes? Sounds too good to be true, but it is not.
Recipe tips & suggestions
- The peanut sauce may get too salty very quickly if you are not careful! I recommend using unsalted peanut butter and low sodium soy sauce, so the salt is not overpowering. Even low sodium soy sauces take lots of salt, so don’t be concerned about the flavour if that’s what you’re using.
- Noodle noodles could be eaten hot or cold. Add some freshly chopped veggies for a crispy noodle salad, or serve along with some steamed broccoli and grilled chicken for an easy weeknight meal.
- Rice noodles are egg-free, so this recipe is secure for vegans or anyone with an egg allergy. However, you do not have to use rice noodles, just about any noodle or rice works nicely.
- Once ready, this recipe can keep in the fridge for five days. The sauce will dry up as it stays, so if you would like to receive it saucy again, then add the noodles into a pan with a splash of broth, water, or soy sauce and heat until warm.
I hope you enjoy and thanks a lot for reading. Want to browse all of my recipe posts? Follow my Pinterest.
Please, if you recreate this Spicy Peanut Butter Noodles (15 Minute), don’t forget to give me star rate or comment below. Thanks!
Try these other Delicious Recipes options:
- Instant Pot Chicken Fried Rice Easy Recipe
- Healthy Southwestern Crockpot Chicken Tacos Recipe
- Healthy Chicken Pot Pie (Easy Recipe)
- Easy Low Carb Baked Chicken Tenders
- Crispy Honey Chicken (Easy Chicken Recipe)
- Healthy Vegetable Potato Fritters Recipe
Spicy Peanut Butter Noodles (15 Minute)
- 16 ounces brown-rice-noodles
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 tbsp oil
- 2/3 cup creamy-peanut-butter ideally low salt*
- 3 –4 tbsp low-sodium-soy-sauce or tamari*
- 1/4 cup water or chicken/veggie broth for more flavor
- 1 tbsp rice-vinegar
- 1 tbsp toasted-sesame-oil
- 1 –2 tbsp sriracha
- 1 tbsp maple-syrup or honey
- 1/2 tsp red-pepper-flakes
- Optional: 2 tsp chili-garlic-sauce and or 1/2 tsp ground-ginger
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil and cook noodles according to package instructions.
- Finely mince the garlic and then add to a skillet with 1 tablespoon of oil. Any oil will work here. I used oliveoil.
- Saute over low heat for 2-3minutes or till golden brown.
- Add in most remaining sauce ingredients and whisk together until smooth.
- Add about half of this sauce to cooked pasta and mix. I intentionally made the extra sauce in the event that you wish to add some tofu, chicken, veggies etc. I don’t recommend adding all the sauce simultaneously because it will probably be too much, so start with 1/2 and include more depending upon your preference.
- Serve with crushed peanuts, red pepper flakes, scallions, and enjoy!