These buffalo chickpea stuffed sweet potatoes are the ideal blend of sweet, sour and hot. This recipe is vegan, fermented and easy to make with regular ingredients.
Vegan Ranch Dressing
These stuffed sweet potatoes are topped off with avocado, green onion and a sweet, vegan ranch dressing table. I understand some of you’re soy-free or nut-free, so I’ve provided two options to produce the vegan ranch: it can be made with raw cashews or tender tofu, both together with delicious results.
If you use Tofu or Nuts, the rest of the dressing ingredients are the same:
- apple cider vinegar
- garlic powder
- onion powder
- sea salt
I kept it simple, but you could also fold into some chopped dill, chives or parsley to add a second tier of ranch flavour. A spoonful of nutrient yeast also functions for a little bit of extra flavour. For another option,
How to Make Buffalo Chickpeas
To create addictively delicious buffalo chickpeas:
- Throw a rinsed and drained can of chickpeas with buffalo sauce, a bit of oil, garlic powder and sea salt
- cook up them in a pan until the sauce is thickened, mashing a Few of the chickpeas as you cook them for Extra texture
- mix in much more buffalo sauce and enjoy
They can also be redeemed with a few diced celery and red onion to create a hot egg salad-inspired sandwich. Or eat them on their own because they’re seriously yummy and addictive!
Buffalo Chickpea Stuffed Sweet Potatoes Recipe
These are easy to create and even easier if you create the baked sweet potatoes, chickpeas and dressing beforehand. When it’s all made, it is just a matter of throwing it all in your baked sweet potato and digging in. I added avocado for a few cold, creamy feel and green onion for a little crunch and additional pop of flavour.
This recipe is readily customizable. Listed below are a Couple of extras and variations you can try:
- Add diced peppers
- add diced red onions
- add steamed broccoli
- try buffalo cauliflower instead of buffalo chickpeas
- attempt BBQ chickpeas instead of buffalo chickpeas
- add fresh cilantro or parsley
- add grated carrot
- add fresh or sautéed spinach or spinach
I hope you enjoy and thanks a lot for reading. Want to browse all of my recipe posts? Follow my Pinterest.
Please, if you recreate this Buffalo Chickpea Stuffed Sweet Potatoes, don’t forget to give me star rate or comment below. Thanks!
Try these other Delicious Recipes options:
- Spicy Peanut Butter Noodles (15 Minute)
- Healthy Vegetable Potato Fritters Recipe
- Crispy Vegan Potato Tacos Recipe with Jalapeño Cilantro Sauce
- Easy Healthy Tuscan Chicken Pasta
- Healthy Lentil Bolognese Recipe
- Vegan Low Carb Pizza Casserole Healthy & Easy Recipe
Buffalo Chickpea Stuffed Sweet Potatoes (Gluten-Free)
For the Buffalo Chickpeas
- 1 19 oz can of chickpeas rinsed and drained (or approx. 2 cups or 360 grams cooked chickpeas)
- 1 tbsp olive-oil
- 1/3 cup + 1 tbsp buffalo-sauce
- 1 tsp garlic-powder
- 1/2 tsp sea-salt
For the Vegan Ranch Dressing
- 1/2 package 150 g of soft tofu (see notes for substitution)
- 2 tbsp fresh-lemon-juice
- 2 tbsp apple-cider-vinegar
- 1 tbsp water
- 2 tsp garlic-powder
- 1 tsp onion-powder
- 1 tsp sea-salt
- optional: 2 tbsp of fresh-chopped-dill chives or parsley
For the Stuffed Sweet Potato
- 1 small baked sweet potato per person or half a medium to large-sized
- 1/4 of an avocado per person
- chopped green-onion for topping
To Produce the Buffalo Chickpeas
- Set the rinsed and drained chickpeas in a bowl and blend with 1/3 cup buffalo-sauce, salt, the olive, oil and pepper.
- Cook In a bowl till they start to thicken & almost caramelize. This should Take about 10minutes over moderate heat, stirring occasionally. As you Stir, mash some of these up to make some texture.
- Once they’re done, mix in the extra 1 tbsp of buffalo sauce.
To Make the Vegan Ranch Dressing
- Add all ingredients (except the herbs, if you are using) to a food processor or high-speed blender, or use an immersion blender & mix till creamy and smooth. I like using the single-server portion of my Ninja Blender for this.
- Add additional water if needed to correct the consistency.
- If you are adding fresh dill or parsley, stir them in once it is blended.
To Assemble the Stuffed Sweet Potatoes
- If Utilizing, add a handful of fresh spinach to a plate or bowl and place the Baked sweet potato on top. Cut the sweet potato in half and start it up a Bit so you may add the rest of the ingredients.
- Add a scoop of chickpeas, chopped green-onion, sliced-avocado and a drizzle of this vegan ranch dressing.