French Onion Salisbury Steak is a tasty delicious on a classic dinner recipe! This comfort food is really easy to make and has the most amazing savoury gravy!
This one is a true classic, a childhood fave, at least for those of us that grew up in the mid-west and loved our comfort foods all fall/winter long! Nonetheless, it’s the same thing! Ground beef gets combined with eggs, breadcrumbs, seasonings then seared in a skillet and smothered in brown sauce! In any event, I already have a yummy Chopped Steak recipe on my website, and I knew I needed to perform another version however, mix up things a bit. Since everybody loves our French Onion Beef and Noodles so much, I thought it’d be great to perform a type of french onion hamburger patty. I had been right, and the french skillet is simply so mouthwatering, and then of course topping them off with cheese never hurts anything .
Making French Onion Salisbury Steak:
- This recipe comes together in roughly 30minutes. First things first, melt the butter in a large skillet and then add your onions along with a few Worcestershire plus a little of your beef broth. The onions will cook, you’re able to sometimes stir, for about 6-8minutes till they’re fine and golden.
- I like to make my patties while the onions are cooking. Mix up your ground beef, lettuce, egg, and breadcrumbs in a large bowl. Roll the meat into 5balls, then put them into patties and set them aside on a plate.
- When the onions golden, leave them into the pan and scoot them around to make space for those patties. Get the beef in there and simmer for 4minutes on each side before beginning to brown, then remove them onto a blank plate.
- Now stir the onions and sprinkle over the flour. Keep stirring for only about one minute to cook the meal. Then you can slowly pour in your beef broth while using a wooden spoon to scrape up any bits on the bottom of the pan. You will just need to take 1-2minutes to do this part, along with the gravy will continue to thicken while simmering together with the meat.
- Reduce the heat on your stove to medium-low, scoot the onions around and add the patties back into the pan. Now, you’ll top each with a slice of cheese along with the parmesan. The parmesan is optional, and you’ll be able to use gouda, mozzarella, or white cheddar in place of the provolone when preferred. Scrub your pan and simmer for 6-8minutes until your patties are cooked through.
I hope you enjoy and thanks a lot for reading. Want to browse all of my recipe posts? Follow my Pinterest.
Please, if you recreate this French Onion Salisbury Steak Easy Recipe, don’t forget to give me star rate or comment below. Thanks!
Try these other Delicious Recipes options:
- Buffalo Chickpea Stuffed Sweet Potatoes (Gluten-Free)
- Spicy Peanut Butter Noodles (15 Minute)
- Instant Pot Chicken Fried Rice Easy Recipe
- Healthy Southwestern Crockpot Chicken Tacos Recipe
- Healthy Chicken Pot Pie (Easy Recipe)
- Easy Low Carb Baked Chicken Tenders
French Onion Salisbury Steak Easy Recipe
- 5 tbsp Butter
- 2 Medium Yellow-Onions Thinly-Sliced
- 1 Large Egg
- 2 tbsp Worcestershire-Sauce-Divided
- 2 1/4 Cups Beef-Broth Divided
- 1 1/2 Pounds Lean-Ground-Beef
- 1/3 Cup Panko-Breadcrumbs
- 2 tsp Italian-Seasoning
- 2 tsp garlic-powder
- Salt & Pepper To Taste
- 1/3 Cup Flour
- 8 Slices Provolone Cheese
- 1/2 Cup Shredded-Parmesan-Cheese
- Melt the butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the sliced onions, 1 tsp of Worcestershire sauce, and also 1/4 cup of the beef broth into the skillet and stir to coat the onions.
- Continue cooking the onions, stirring occasionally for 6-7minutes until golden and soft.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl add the ground beef, egg, 1 tbsp of Worcestershire sauce, garlic powder, Italian seasoning, breadcrumbs, pepper and salt.
- Use your hands or a large spoon to gently combine the beef mixture until everything is well blended.
- Form the beef mixture into 5balls, then flatten into patties, set aside on a plate or cutting board.
- When the onions have softened, scoot them into the side and add the patties to your pan.
- Fry the patties for 4minutes per side, after that, remove to a plate.
- Stir the onions round from the pan, then sprinkle the flour over the onions and cook, stirring constantly for a minute.
- Gently pour the rest of the beef broth to the skillet, stirring constantly and scraping any browned bits from the bottom of the pan.
- Reduce the heat to medium-low, and insert the patties back into the pan.
- Top each patty evenly with the cheese. Cover the skillet and simmer for 6-8 more minutes till gravy is thickened, cheese is melted, and the meat is cooked.