This Super Easy Vegan Burrito Recipe is filled with brown rice, black beans, corn, vegan sour cream, and guacamole. Vegan burritos would be the perfect comfort food. And they are really easy to make! Make them to get a simple weeknight dinner.
I love burritos! And I guess who does not, right? They create a great weeknight dinner for the entire family, and they’re packed with delicious Mexican tastes. This vegan burrito is just one of my favourite recipes!
Not me. Particularly if it’s this simple to create! I love purchasing vegan burritos or burrito bowls, but it is also possible to easily create them at home.
They’re also super fun to make with friends. Just divide the preparation of the different ingredients for the filling involving a few individuals, and you’ll be done quickly.
What You Need For This Vegan Burrito Recipe:
The ingredient list may appear a little long at first sight, however, the recipe requires fundamental ingredients.
- Soft flour tortillas (or use gluten-free ones if needed )
- canned black beans
- salty sweet corn
- smoked paprika powder
- paprika powder
- refreshing lime juice
- green onions
- fresh cilantro
- vegan cheese
- vegan sour cream
- cooked brown rice
As always, you can get the complete ingredient listing and the recipe instructions in a separate recipe box at the end of this post.
How To Make Vegan Burritos
The recipe for these vegan burritos is fairly straightforward. When you have all of the components ready, the putting together and rolling only takes about 10-15 minutes. And it’s super easy!
STEP 1: Drain and rinse the beans and the corn. In a medium bowl, combine them using the paprika powder, cumin, smoked paprika powder, lime juice, salt, and pepper. Add the chopped green onions and the new cilantro and stir well.
STEP 2: Lay a tortilla down flat on a plate. Add some rice at the middle of the tortilla. Add some of the bean corn salad on top. Next comes some lettuce, cauliflower, vegan cheese, cheese sour cream, and avocado. If you’d like you may also sprinkle some red pepper flakes on top.
STEP 3: Fold in both sides and then roll the burrito up and wrap it in foil. Then cut it into the half with a sharp knife. Enjoy!
Vegan Burrito – Recipe Notes
- If you want to make the recipe even more comfortable, you may use store-bought guacamole and salsa for your burritos. This is likely to produce the method much quicker.
- To get a gluten-free version, be certain that you use gluten-free tortillas that are made of corn flour or make your vegan and fermented tortillas with chickpea flour.
- You love burritos, but you want your meal to possess fewer calories? Then attempt a burrito bowl rather. Just skip the tortillas (one tortilla itself has about 150 calories!) And put all the ingredients into a large bowl. Only add a bit more shredded lettuce, and you’re good to go. We make this all the time!
- I normally make brown rice in my Instant Pot. It is much more comfortable and just takes about 20 minutes (set the timer to 15 minutes on guide ). So that you need 1.5 cups raw rice to the 3 cups of cooked brown rice that are required for this particular recipe.
How to Store Vegan Burritos
This recipe will make about six giant burritos if you can not consume that many, possibly scale down the recipe or take them to work the following day. They create the perfect lunch!
Just wrap them up in aluminum foil and keep them in the fridge immediately. They will continue to be perfect the following moment.
But, I wouldn’t store them much longer than a day as the guacamole, and the rice will go bad pretty fast.
I hope you enjoy and thanks a lot for reading. Want to browse all of my recipe posts? Follow my Pinterest.
Please, if you recreate this Super Easy Vegan Burrito Recipe, don’t forget to give me star rate or comment below. Thanks!
Try these other Delicious Recipes options:
- Keto Low Carb Beef and Broccoli
- Spicy Shrimp Tacos with Avocado Crema
- Apple Pecan Fall Salad
- Sweet Potato & Quinoa Chili
- Grilled Pineapple Chicken (Paleo + Whole30)
- Broccoli Cashew Stir-Fry Easy Salad Recipe
Super Easy Vegan Burrito Recipe
For the black beans and corn:
- 1 can black beans
- 1 can sweet corn
- 1 teaspoon paprika powder
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 2 teaspoons fresh lime juice
- 2 green onionscut into rings
- 1/2 cup freshly chopped cilantro
- salt to taste
- black pepper to taste
For the filling:
- 1 cup guacamole homemade or store-bought
- 1 cup salsa homemade or store-bought
- 3/4 cup vegan sour cream
- 1/2 cup vegan shredded cheese
- 3 cups shredded lettuce
- 3 cups cooked brown rice seasoned with salt and 1 teaspoon of cumin
- 6 large flour tortillas use gluten-free ones if needed
- Drain and rinse the black beans and the corn. In a medium bowl, combine them with the paprika powder, cumin, smoked paprika powder, lime juice, salt, and pepper. Add the chopped green onions and the fresh cilantro and stir well.
- Lay a tortilla down flat on a plate. Add some rice in the center of the tortilla. Then add some of the bean corn salad on top. Next comes some salsa, lettuce, vegan cheese, vegan sour cream, and avocado. If you want you could also sprinkle some red pepper flakes on top.
- Fold in the sides and then roll the burrito up and wrap it in foil. Then cut it into half with a sharp knife. Enjoy!
- If you want to make the recipe even easier, you can use store-bought guacamole and salsa for your burritos. This will make the recipe much faster.
- For a gluten-free version, make sure to use gluten-free tortillas that are made of corn flour or make your own vegan and gluten-free tortillas with chickpea flour.
- You love burritos but you want your meal to have less calories? Then try a burrito bowl instead. Just skip the tortillas and put all of the ingredients into a big bowl. Just add a bit more of shredded lettuce and you’re good to go. We make this all the time!
- I usually make brown rice in my Instant Pot. It’s much easier and only takes about 20 minutes (set the timer to 15 minutes on manual). Then season it with salt and ground cumin. Cooked rice doubles in weight. So you need 1.5 cups uncooked rice for the 3 cups of cooked brown rice that are required for this recipe.