Keto Low Carb Beef and Broccoli, this is a easy weeknight stir fry that is fast and easy to make. You will want to marinate it ahead of time for about an hour, and the flavours come together in the pan when you cook it!
My Low Carb Steak and Broccoli recipe consume about 6g net carbs per serving, it’s also Paleo and Whole30 compliant, which means you are all set! I’d ditch the extra cilantro as I’m not sure it would fit with these flavours.
How to make Keto Low Carb Beef and Broccoli
Start by cuttings your Flat Iron Steak into lanky slices from the grain, see my list of hints below for other steak alternatives. Add the pieces of beef into a tiny tote, or even a bowl, together with the coconut aminos, ginger, and garlic. Then let it marinate for about one hour in the fridge.
Next, empty the beef in the marinade but be sure to keep the liquid for later, this is likely to make the stir fry sauce for your keto low carb steak, and broccoli so does not pour it away! Blanch the little cut pieces broccoli for 2 minutes in boiling water. Then, drain it well, you don’t want additional liquid in the stir fry sauce.
In a large wok or cast-iron skillet, heat the oil over medium-high heat then stir-fry beef until browned. This may take around 1-3 minutes, after it is done eliminate the meat and put aside.
Stir-fry the broccoli for about three minutes, you have to keep it nice and crisp so don’t overcook it. Then add the remainder of the marinade and cook for 2 more minutes.
Return the cooked beef into the pan together with the broccoli and heat through, but do not overcook it while reheating. Add the fish sauce and toasted sesame oil, give it a good stir and eat straight away while it’s still hot!
Tips for making Keto Low Carb Beef and Broccoli
- If you can not find flat iron steak, you can substitute it with unsalted beef, or sirloin beef.
- Don’t have coconut aminos? No issue, substitute with Tamari or a low sodium gluten-free soy sauce, but you may not want as much since they are stronger-tasting and even saltier.
- Please do not skip the marinating, and it will enhance the finished flavour of the recipe.
- We like to serve our low keto carbohydrate beef and broccoli over cauliflower rice, its an excellent keto option to regular rice.
Kitchen Items used to Make Keto Low Carb Beef and Broccoli
- Large Wok — I’ve cooked this recipe in a loaf and in my cast iron skillet. Either functions however, the wok does permit you to use a greater heat more rapidly and there’s less clutter in the oil as it has more upper sides.
- Coconut Aminos — as you can use gluten-free soy sauce if you want, the coconut aminos possess a naturally sweeter flavor, and so I much prefer them for this particular recipe.
- Toasted Sesame Oil — don’t confuse this with regular sesame oil, you want the toasted version that smells and tastes fantastic, and you only need a tiny amount to add a great deal of flavour.
- Fish Sauce — this adds some fundamental’umami’ into the final dish, I prefer Red Boat Fish Sauce since it’s the best flavour without any additional sugar.
- Cast Iron Skillet — in case you do not wish to buy a wok then a cast iron skillet is a superb alternative for stir fry recipes.
I hope you enjoy and thanks a lot for reading. Want to browse all of my recipe posts? Follow my Pinterest
Please, if you recreate this Keto Low Carb Beef and Broccoli Recipe, don’t forget to give me star rate or comment below. Thanks!
Try these other Delicious Recipes options:
- Spicy Shrimp Tacos with Avocado Crema
- Easy Taco Salad Vegan Recipe
- Sweet Potato & Quinoa Chili
- Apple Pecan Fall Salad
- Grilled Pineapple Chicken (Paleo + Whole30)
- Broccoli Cashew Stir-Fry Easy Salad Recipe
Keto Low Carb Beef and Broccoli
- 1 lb Flat-Iron-steak , thinly-sliced-against-the-grain
- 1/2 lb Broccoli , cut-into-small-florets
- 1/4 cup Coconut-Oil
- 1 tsp Toasted-Sesame-Oil
- 1 tsp Fish-Sauce
Beef and Broccoli Marinade
- 1/4 cup Coconut-Aminos
- 1 tsp Root-ginger, peeled-and-grated , do-not-use-powdered-ginger!
- 2 cloves Garlic-chopped
- Cut the Flat Iron Steak into skinny slices against the grain.
- Add the sliced beef to a small bag with the coconut aminos, ginger, and garlic. Let marinate for 1 hour in the fridge.
- When you are ready to cook, drain the beef from the marinade but reserve the liquid for later, this will be the stir fry sauce.
- Blanch the broccoli for two minutes in boiling water, then drain it well.
- In a large wok or cast-iron skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat then stir-fry beef until browned, 1-3 minutes. Remove from skillet.
- Stir-fry broccoli until crisp-tender, for about 3 minutes, then add the remaining marinade and cook for two more minutes.
- Return the beef to the pan with the broccoli and warm through, add the fish sauce and toasted sesame oil, then serve hot.
- Root Ginger – use only root ginger; this is not interchangeable with powdered ginger that you typically use in baking. You should be able to find ginger root at any grocery store so ask if you are not sure. You need to peel it first and then grate it or finely chop it. This recipe has approximately 6g net carbs per serving.
- Coconut Aminos – Some coconut amino brands have a higher carb count than others depending on the ingredients, so read the label. I prefer Coconut Secret Coconut Aminos or the Kroger own brand.