This vegan taco salad includes delicious lentil taco beef, tortilla chips, avocado, tomato, corn, beans, and fast and easy vegan sour cream. It’s easily customizable to anything you’ve got available and may be meal prepped for a fast lunch on-the-go.
Best Vegan Taco Salad Ingredients
There are many ways you may go with a taco salad! Here are some components you can play around with:
- Lentil taco meat. I mixed up a quick batch of lentil taco”meat” to provide some oomph to your salad. We are going to discuss how to create it below.
- Romaine lettuce. You are going to need a great, crispy foundation for your salad. Romaine works nicely for this. You can do plain corn, roasted corn, grilled corn, or corn salsa. Black beans or pinto beans work best! Refried beans will also be yummy. Rather than corn and beans, you could also use my black bean corn salad. Proceed with diced avocado or some big scoop of guacamole. You can’t go wrong either way.
- Corn. You can do plain corn, roasted corn, grilled corn, or corn salsa.
- Beans. Black beans or pinto beans work best! Refried beans are also delicious. Instead of corn and beans, you could also use my black bean corn salad.
- Avocado. Go with diced avocado or a big scoop of guacamole. You can’t go wrong either way.
- Onion. Go with chopped green onion or red onion. Both add a sweet, salty flavor and some crunchy texture.
- Tomato. I don’t love tomato in taco salads, but if you do, then do it. Go with fresh, chopped tomato or swap it out for a scoop of your favorite salsa. Pico de gallo is good also!
- Sauce. So many choices! I left vegan sour cream along with a spicy chipotle sauce, but vegan queso or avocado sauce can also be delicious.
- Tortilla chips. I like a couple of crushed tortilla chips in my taco salads. I think that they’re a crucial ingredient. You can crush some store-bought tortilla chips, or make your crispy tortilla pieces.
- Extra veggies. To add vegetables, try grated carrots and diced bell peppers.
How to Make Lentil Taco Meat
To make lentil taco meat, you’ll need 2 cups of cooked brown or green lentils. To prepare the lentils:
- Bring 2.25 cups of water to a boil at a medium-sized saucepan.
- Reduce heat, add 1 cup of dry green or brown peas, cover, and reduce to a light simmer.
- Cook for 20 minutes until the lentils are tender.
While the lentils end cooking, you can start creating the lentil taco beef recipe. To produce the taco”meat,” include 1 cup of diced white onion into a skillet using 1/2 cup of water and the spices. Once you’ve cooked up that, add the currently cooked lentils and mix well. Heat for another couple of minutes until everything is blended together. You might require a small additional water or vegetable broth when it sounds a bit dry.
That is it! You can use the lentil taco mixture for Vegan Tostadas, Lentil Tacos, Vegan Breakfast Tacos.
How to Make Vegan Sour Cream
To make the sour cream, you’ll require 1/2 cup of tofu along with a blender or immersion blender. You could also whisk it with a fork, but a blender will produce a smoother effect. I made just enough for the recipe, however, you can easily double it and use any leftovers from different procedures.
Mix the tofu with apple cider vinegar, lemon, and garlic powder and revel in it as opposed to tofu!
In addition to the sour cream, I also made some hot chipotle sauce. If you want to try it, blend 1/2 cup of tofu with a single chipotle pepper in adobo and one teaspoon of this sauce. Add 2 tbsp lime juice, 1 tbsp maple syrup, and a pinch of salt and enjoy as an additional topping.
Homemade Tortilla Chips
You can use any tortilla chips or crackers or this recipe, but I wanted to discuss a fast, easy, and healthy way to make your chips! To make your tortilla chips:
- Turn the oven on to broil.
- Cut corn tortillas into triangles.
- Place them on a baking tray and sprinkle with pepper, salt, and if desirable, other spices such as paprika and onion powder.
- Broil till crispy, flipping after and taking care not to burn them — they’ll burn quickly as soon as they turn brown, so observe! They simply take a few minutes per side.
This lentil taco salad is easy to make, full of nourishment, oil-free, vegan, gluten-free, and high in protein. Enjoy as-is or customize with added ingredients such as grated carrot, bell peppers, red onion, or cilantro. Topped with a natural tofu-based sour cream, you will love this hearty, filling plant-based salad!
I hope you enjoy and thanks a lot for reading. Want to browse all of my recipe posts? Follow my Pinterest
Please, if you recreate this Easy Taco Salad Vegan Recipe, don’t forget to give me star rate or comment below. Thanks!
Try these other Delicious Recipes options:
- Chickpea Avocado Sandwich
- Vegan Avocado Pesto Pasta Diet Plan Recipe
- Chicken Burrito Bowls Recipe For Lunch
- Slow Cooker Honey Garlic Chicken
- Crunchy Cashew Thai Quinoa Salad (vegan & gluten-free)
- Healthy Summer Broccoli Salad
Easy Taco Salad Vegan Recipe
For the Lentil Taco Meat
- 2 cups cooked-green-or-brown-lentils
- 1 cup finely-diced-white-onion
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 tsp each-garlic-powder, onion-powder, chili-powder and cumin
- 1/2 tsp each-oregano, paprika
- salt -and-pepper, to-taste
For the Tofu Sour Cream
- 1/2 cup soft-tofu
- 1 tbsp apple-cider-vinegar
- 1 tbsp lemon-juice
- 1 tsp garlic-powder
- pinch of sea salt
For the Salad
- black-beans, pinto-beans or refried-beans
- To make the lentil taco filling, add the diced onion and spices to a skillet with a few tablespoons of the water. Cook for 5 minutes over medium-high heat until soft and fragrant. Add the cooked lentils and the rest of the water and cook for a few more minutes until the lentils are heated through and coated in the spices. If needed, add a bit of extra water if it starts to dry out.
- To make the sour tofu cream, blend all the ingredients until smooth.
- To assemble the salads, add a handful of romaine lettuce to a bowl then top with avocado, tomato, corn, and beans. Add a couple of tablespoons and about 1/2 cup of the lentil mixture to each salad.