Chickpea Avocado Sandwich – This chickpea avocado sandwich recipe is so simple to make and the perfect meal prep recipe! Avocado and chickpeas are the classic tuna salad or chicken salad alternative since they produce a similar texture when crushed, and the avocado leaves it creamy.
A few stalks of celery and green onion give this salad ton of taste and crunch, along with feelings of garlic, dill, cilantro, and lime!
Simple High-Protein Chickpea Sandwich
Whether you are going on a rigorous hike or relaxing in the beach, this recipe is the best energy food to keep you full.
In addition, I adore making a double pile on a Sunday afternoon, and getting it ready for lunch the whole week ! Super budget-friendly and healthy, this is the best sandwich recipe for summertime adventures and picnics.
You’ll love how fresh this recipe tastes and how healthy it is for you too! I threw in as many greens as I possibly could to get an array of health benefits and additional tastes.
Don’t hesitate to experiment with this particular dish also, and you will find infinite substitutions or toppings to make different variations of this sandwich!
Making Healthy Chickpea Salad
The very best aspect of the recipe is that it is one-pot, and there’s absolutely no cooking required!
All you have to do is squish the ingredients and assemble your sandwich! I’ve discovered that using a potato masher makes this recipe much simpler, though you can use a fork if that is all you’ve got, it will just take a bit more time to get everything to come together.
To make this recipe, then rinse your canned chickpeas completely to eliminate the can liquid, and throw all of the filling ingredients into a big bowl. Squish down until everything is creamy and incorporated — I prefer to leave a few complete chickpeas for some feel.
Next, toast your bread and begin to assemble. The chickpea avocado salad acts as a type of glue for carrying the toppings in place! I used spinach, arugula, red onion, and tomato on top!
This recipe can be regarded as glorified guacamole, however it is a complete meal with healthy carbohydrates, protein, and carbohydrates! It could be great at a burrito for breakfast, on bread for lunch, stuffed into a baked potato, or eaten with a fork! I used Dave’s Killer Bread for this recipe (not sponsored), and it was a delicious combination.
I hope you enjoy and thanks a lot for reading. Want to browse all of my recipe posts? Follow my Pinterest
Please, if you recreate this Chickpea Avocado Sandwich Recipe, don’t forget to give me star rate or comment below. Thanks!
Try these other Delicious Recipes options:
- Vegan Avocado Pesto Pasta Diet Plan Recipe
- Chicken Burrito Bowls Recipe For Lunch
- Slow Cooker Honey Garlic Chicken
- Crunchy Cashew Thai Quinoa Salad (vegan & gluten-free)
- Healthy Summer Broccoli Salad
- Healthier Broccoli Chicken Casserole
Chickpea Avocado Sandwich
- 2 Cans-Chickpeas
- 2-3 Avocados-(depending-on-size)
- Juice-from-1 1/2 lime
- 1/2 Cup Chopped -Green-Onions (about 4 stalks)
- 1/2 Cup Chopped-Celery (about 2 stalks)
- 1/2 Cup Chopped-Cilantro
- 3/4 Tsp Garlic-Powder
- 3/4 Tsp Onion-Powder
- 3/4 Tsp Salt
- 1/4 Tsp Pepper
- 1/2 Tsp Dill
- Vegan Bread
- Toppings of Choice (tomato, greens, onion)
- Rinse chickpeas and add to a bowl with all the other filling ingredients.
- Squish with a potato masher (or a fork if that's all you have) until well combined. I like to leave some chickpeas whole for some texture.
- Spread over toasted bread and add toppings of choice. I used tomato, red onion, spinach, and arugula! Enjoy!