Healthy Summer Broccoli Salad recipe made with simple ingredients such as fresh blueberries, carrots, sweet dried apricots, toasted almonds and crispy sunflower seeds. This natural, vegan and dairy-free broccoli has no mayo, is tossed in a mild tahini dressingtable, and is ideal for summer parties or meal prep!
Hi friends! Abra here writing to let you know about a brand new salad recipe that has Monique and I jumping for joy while singing to”Rollercoaster” from the Jonas Brothers.
Yes, it’s that great. Welcome to the BEST healthful broccoli salad recipe you’ll ever make. It’s crispy, a Lil’ sweet, a Lil’ savoury, and there is no mayo involved. Coming out of this mayo-loving Midwesterner (I find you estimating ) this dairy-free model of broccoli salad would be the real deal.
People always ask what we eat for lunch here at AK HQ. A lot of times are raid-the-fridge-for-leftovers times filled with hummus, veggies, Simple Mills crackers, maybe some peach crisp (heck yes), and on recipe analyzing days we fill up on Monique’s most up-to-date recipe creations similar to this gorgeous salad.
Broccoli salads have quickly become one of our favorite lunches to create because of the wonderful textures and tastes we get to integrate. They’re super refreshing and keep you complete with all of the fiber and also the wholesome fats added together. Plus, I secretly adore chopping all of the veggies for all these gorgeous salads.
What’s in this healthy broccoli salad recipe?
This healthful broccoli salad is packed with fresh fruits and veggies which make it perfect for summer. It is tossed in a super light, flavorful tahini dressing that you’ll want to cut everything. Listed below are the main ingredients we’re working with:
- Broccoli (of course)
- fresh blueberries
- red berry
- fresh cilantro & parsley
- dried apricots
- sliced toasted almonds & roasted sunflower seeds
- natural, drippy tahini (we adore this one!)
How to store broccoli salad:
The best thing about this salad is the fact that it gets even better over the years as it marinates in the delicious tahini dressing. Store it in an airtight container (or a couple of meal prep containers such as those ) for up to 5 days and enjoy all week long! It is wonderful for both parties and meal prep, and it’s great for making the evening before.
A few tips for making this healthy broccoli salad:
- Make certain to chop your broccoli and dice your red onion super finely so you get bursts of flavour in every bite. Having everything finely sliced will even help the dressing to coat each bit.
- The dressing could be accommodated to be as sweet as you’d like. We recommend 1/2 tablespoon of maple syrup to this broccoli salad however taste as you go and adjust as needed.
- Feel free to add a boost of nourishment! Chickpeas would be high in case you’d like to keep this salad vegetarian. Adding chicken would also be delicious, or maybe even snore some crispy bacon? YUM.
I hope you enjoy and thanks a lot for reading. Want to browse all of my recipe posts? Follow my Pinterest.
Try these other Delicious Recipes options:
- Healthier Broccoli Chicken Casserole
- Bacon Avocado Chicken Salad with Lemon Vinaigrette
- Crispy Honey Chilli Potato | Honey Chilli Potato Recipe
- Keto Chicken Cheese Bake
- Steaks With Mushroom Gravy
Healthy Summer Broccoli Salad
For the salad:
- 5-6 cups fresh broccoli florets (from 1 head of broccoli), VERY finely chopped
- 1 ¼ cups fresh blueberries
- 1 cup shredded or matchstick cut carrots
- ½ cup chopped dried turkish apricots (look for no sulfur added) or sub dried cherries/cranberries
- 1/3 cup finely diced red onion
- ½ cup finely chopped fresh cilantro
- ¼ cup finely chopped flat leaf parsley
- ½ cup toasted sliced almonds*
- ¼ cup roasted sunflower seeds
For the dressing:
- 3 tablespoons drippy tahini
- ½ lemon, juiced (about 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice)
- 2-3 tablespoons warm water, to thin dressing
- ½ tablespoon pure maple syrup
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- ¼ teaspoon salt, plus more to taste
- Freshly ground black pepper
- In a large bowl, add finely chopped broccoli, blueberries, carrots, diced apricots, red onion, cilantro, parsley, toasted almonds and sunflower seeds. Set aside.
- Make the dressing by whisking together the following ingredients in a small bowl: tahini, lemon juice, water, maple syrup, garlic and salt and pepper. Immediately drizzle over salad and toss to combine. Garnish with extra toasted almonds and cilantro. Serve immediately or place in the fridge for later. Salad will keep well up to 5 days and is great when made ahead of time.