Baked Crack Chicken Breasts, also referred to as Ranch Chicken with Bacon, is a delicious and creamy dish filled with cheese and bacon. Difficult to believe that Crack Chicken can also be Low Carb and Keto-Friendly!
WHAT IS CRACK CHICKEN?
Crack Chicken is a deliciously creamy mix of chicken, bacon, cream cheese, and ranch seasoning. This family-friendly, make-ahead meal is a fantastic weeknight dinner, but also ideal for a weekend audience.
Looking for an easy baked chicken recipe? Simply hit printing because this cracked-out chicken is what your own Monday needs. Want an Instant Pot variant? Please hop on over to my recipe for Immediate Pot Crack Chicken.
WHAT from the heck is”Crack” Chicken, you ask? Well, according to the internetS, this recipe got its name because ranch chicken is addictive just like crack. What occurred in this meal is the fact that everything good found its way in 1 dish and everyone approved.
Kind of like our Jalapeno Popper Baked Chicken, but without the peppers.
And you won’t believe exactly how easy this is to make.
HOW TO MAKE BAKED CRACK CHICKEN BREASTS
- We start with frying our bacon until crispy.
- Remove cooked bacon from skillet. Keep bacon grease in the skillet and then add the chicken breasts to cook only until browned on both sides; roughly 2 to 3 minutes per side. When done, move chicken breasts into a baking dish.
- Prepare the cream cheese with the addition of a tablespoon of ranch seasoning to it. I make my ranch seasoning, but you can also utilize store-bought. Mix it up well and then spread a few tablespoons of the cream cheese mix on top of each chicken breast.
- Top with cooked bacon and cheese; bake in a 400F preheated oven for 15 minutes, or until chicken is cooked through.
- Remove from oven and serve.
All in all, you will need about 30 minutes from begin to finish. Besides, how can anyone not want this? Starting with the simple fact that it is made out of sausage and ranch-flavoured cream cheese, and end with the reality that it is likely to have that gold, melty cheese in addition to ALSO, LOW CARB and KETO. Friends, git ‘er done!
MAKE AHEAD CRACK CHICKEN
- Assemble everything from the baking dish, but do not bake. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 1 to 2 days.
- Remove wrap and bake as directed.
HOW TO FREEZE CRACK CHICKEN
- Transfer chilled crack chicken to an airtight container. Store in the freezer for up to 3 months.
- When ready to serve, remove from freezer the night before and let thaw in the refrigerator overnight.
- Reheat and serve.
I hope you enjoy and thanks a lot for reading. Want to browse all of my recipe posts? Follow my Pinterest.
Please, if you recreate this Easy Baked Crack Chicken Breasts Recipe, don’t forget to give me star rate or comment below. Thanks!
Try these other Delicious Recipes options:
- Vegan Low Carb Pizza Casserole Healthy & Easy Recipe
- Cajun Shrimp Pasta With a Spicy and Rich Cream Sauce
- Easy Stovetop Sautéed Cinnamon Apples Recipe
- Sesame Tofu with Broccoli Recipe
- Vegan Sweet And Sour Cauliflower
- Healthy Vegan Cauliflower Fried Rice
Easy Baked Crack Chicken Breasts Recipe
- 4 slices thick cut bacon diced
FOR THE CHICKEN
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 4 1-pound, total boneless, skinless chicken breasts, pounded to 1/4-inch thickness
- salt and fresh ground pepper to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked or sweet paprika
FOR THE RANCH CREAM CHEESE
- 4- ounces cream cheese softened
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon dried dill weed
- 1/2 teaspoon dried chives
- 4 ounces shredded cheddar cheese white or yellow – I use a little of both
- chopped fresh parsley
- sliced green scallions
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Lightly grease a 9×13 baking dish with cooking spray and set aside.
- Set a large skillet over medium-high heat and add in diced bacon cook until crispy.
- Remove bacon from skillet and set aside. DON’T discard bacon fat.
- Return skillet to heat and add vegetable oil to the remaining bacon fat.
- Pound chicken breasts to a 1/4-inch thickness and season with salt, pepper, garlic powder, and paprika.
- Add chicken breasts to the hot oil – you may have to do this in batches if skillet isn’t big enough – and cook chicken breasts for 2 to 3 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Flip over the chicken breasts, add butter, and continue to cook for 3 more minutes.
- Remove chicken breasts from skillet and arrange in previously prepared baking dish. Set aside.
- In a small bowl combine cream cheese, garlic powder, onion powder, dill weed, and chives; mix until thoroughly combined. Taste for seasonings and adjust accordingly. *You can also just stir in 1 tablespoon of store-bought ranch seasoning.
- Top each chicken breast with 2 tablespoons of the cream cheese mixture. Spread to coat the surface of each chicken breast.
- Take half of the bacon and add on top of the cream cheese.
- Sprinkle shredded cheese over the chicken breasts.
- Bake, uncovered, for 15 minutes, or until chicken is cooked through and cheese is melted and lightly browned.
- Remove from oven.
- Garnish with remaining bacon, fresh parsley, and scallions.
- Transfer cooled crack chicken to a large freezer bag or airtight container. Store in the freezer for up to 3 months.
- When ready to serve, remove from freezer the night before and let thaw in the fridge overnight.
- Reheat and serve.