Cajun Shrimp Pasta With a Spicy and Rich Cream Sauce – This is a quick and easy dinner recipe with just the right amount of kick! Tender whole shrimp smothered in a quick and effortless spicy cream sauce with just the ideal amount of cooked pasta.
Tender and delicious shrimp is coated from the cajun seasoning, which adds just the right quantity of flavour. The cream sauce only requires a couple of minutes to come together, along with the pasta soaks up all the flavour.
There are just two things I can consistently make for dinner which will have my loved ones peeled: shrimp and pasta. On the nights once I go that extra mile and make homemade pasta, we all eat far too much because nothing beats the taste of fresh pasta. However, most nights call for a fast and effortless dinner, so dried pasta in the shop is in order.
I was not certain if my kids might prefer the cajun seasoning, and though it was spicier than the foods they typically eat, they couldn’t resist the fact that I made sauteed shrimp with pasta in a cream sauce. It is their love language. The apples do not fall far from the tree!
How to make Cajun Shrimp Pasta:
This is a fast and easy dinner recipe perfect for a busy weeknight. As there are little measuring and no chopping, the whole method can pretty much be cooked at the amount of time that it takes to cook the pasta. That means that in 10-15 minutes, you can have a complete dinner.
This recipe starts by massaging the pasta in salted water. It’s essential to use a full tablespoon of salt in your pasta water as the salt will purify the pasta. Before you drain the pasta, be sure to reserve some of the pasta water to thin out the sauce later, if needed.
They will cook quickly over relatively high heat. You’ll get rid of the shrimp from the pan and place them apart and then use that same pan to make the sauce.
The cajun cream sauce is merely a combination of heavy cream that you bring to a boil along with parmesan cheese that melts in creamy smooth. There’s enough cajun seasoning on the beans and at the pan to give the sauce plenty of flavours. The sauce thickens within minutes, then you toss everything together to serve.
What to serve with Cajun Shrimp Pasta:
Since this recipe is rich and dense, this rice dish is wonderful with veggies of some kind. Either a healthy green salad or a side of steamed spinach or broccoli goes excellent for this dinner. The Cajun Shrimp Pasta has so much flavour the vegetable side dish you pick needs to be simple and mild to help balance out everything.
I always opt for wild-caught shrimp over farmed shrimp. I find there is a huge difference in taste and texture, and it’s well worth it to eat wild-caught.
Additionally, with shrimp, I most often recommend bigger is better. I am not fond of those teeny little bay shrimp. I favor my shrimp be at least two snacks worth.
Rather than buying new shrimp, I often buy frozen shrimp from the pound so I always have some in the ready in the freezer!
I hope you enjoy and thanks a lot for reading. Want to browse all of my recipe posts? Follow my Pinterest.
Please, if you recreate this Cajun Shrimp Pasta With a Spicy and Rich Cream Sauce, don’t forget to give me star rate or comment below. Thanks!
Try these other Delicious Recipes options:
- Easy Stovetop Sautéed Cinnamon Apples Recipe
- Sesame Tofu with Broccoli Recipe
- Vegan Sweet And Sour Cauliflower
- Vegan Avocado Pesto Pasta Diet Plan Recipe
- Chickpea Salad Recipe Vegan and Oil Free
- Chickpea Avocado Sandwich
Cajun Shrimp Pasta With a Spicy and Rich Cream Sauce
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- 8 ounces penne pasta
- 1 pound raw shrimp deveined, cleaned, tail removed
- 2 tablespoons cajun seasoning *see note below
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese
- Add salt to pot of water and bring to a boil. Cook pasta to al dente doneness. Before draining, scoop out at least 1/2 cup of the cooking water. Drain pasta and set aside.
- While the pasta is cooking, cook the shrimp and sauce. Combine shrimp with cajun seasoning and olive oil in bowl. Toss to combine.
- Heat large skillet over medium high heat. Add butter and melt. Add shrimp in a single layer and cook until golden brown on each side, turning only once. You may have to cook shrimp in two batches to allow enough room. Once done cooking, transfer cooked shrimp to a clean plate and reduce heat to medium low.
- Add heavy cream to pan and scrape bottoms to release any food that is stuck to the bottom. Allow cream to bubble. Reduce heat to low and stir in parmesan cheese to melt. Add cooked pasta and shrimp and stir to coat. If sauce needs to be thinned, add pasta water, one tablespoon at a time, until desired consistency is achieved.
Incoming search terms:
- Cajun Shrimp Pasta With a Spicy and Rich Cream Sauce