Instant Pot Chicken Fried Rice is a quick and easy one-pot meal. With simple ingredients such as rice, eggwhites, poultry, and peas, your family members will love this recipe that is sour! Fantastic for a weeknight dinner or dinner prep lunch!
Instant Pot Chicken Fried Rice is quickly turning into a go-to recipe for my lunch meal prep. It is incredibly easy to throw together, as well as my 5-year-old enjoys it as a sexy school lunch. I understand what you are thinking, this rice isn’t fried. I know, I understand. However, this recipe is a great option if you don’t have leftover rice!
Instant Pot Chicken Fried Rice is excellent because
- It requires only ten ingredients (also garnishes)
- it is made in 1 pot — although the egg is scrambled in the Immediate Pot!
- There is minimal prep work
- you only need about 30 minutes to make it
No need for takeout when you have this recipe!
Strategies for Success
- Rinse the rice. This will get rid of some of the starch and decrease the stickiness of the cooked dish.
- My taste is jasmine rice, but generic long-grain white should work, also. Be aware I find generic white rice may turn out more”mushy” than vanilla. I guess it’s an excellent thing. Brown rice requires a considerably longer cooking time, therefore won’t work with this particular recipe. If you use basmati, I’d add a moment of cook time since I find it remains more al dente than jasmine.
- Deglaze the add. Do not skip this step! When there’s any food stuck into the bottom of the insert, you may get a burn warning.
- Submerge the rice in the broth. Be sure all of the rice is pushed to the broth. This will allow it to cook evenly.
I hope you enjoy and thanks a lot for reading. Want to browse all of my recipe posts? Follow my Pinterest.
Please, if you recreate this Instant Pot Chicken Fried Rice Easy Recipe, don’t forget to give me star rate or comment below. Thanks!
Try these other Delicious Recipes options:
- Healthy Southwestern Crockpot Chicken Tacos Recipe
- Healthy Chicken Pot Pie (Easy Recipe)
- Easy Low Carb Baked Chicken Tenders
- Crispy Honey Chicken (Easy Chicken Recipe)
- Easy Baked Crack Chicken Breasts Recipe
- Grilled Pineapple Chicken (Paleo + Whole30)
Instant Pot Chicken Fried Rice Easy Recipe
- 2 tsp vegetable-oil divided
- 2 eggs whisked
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 1/4 cup chicken-broth
- 1 lb uncooked-chicken-breast 1/2-inch dice
- 1 cup diced-carrots
- 1 1/2 cups uncooked-jasmine-rice rinsed until water runs clear
- 1/2 cup frozen-peas thawed
- 3-4 tbsp soy-sauce or wheat-free tamari adjust to taste
- 1 tsp sesame-oil
- sliced-green-onion optional
- hot-sauce sriracha-pairs-well (optional)
- Turn the Sauté Work on the Immediate Pot.Warm one teaspoon of the vegetable oil, then add the whisked egg whites. Push the eggs with a spatula to scramble them until completely cooked. Transfer the eggs to a plate and set aside. It’s fine if there is a bit of egg stuck to the bottom of the match.
- Heat another teaspoon of vegetable oil in the add and add the minced garlic. Sauté the garlic till fragrant (about a minute), stirring regularly. Switch off the Sauté feature, then pour in a small amount of chicken broth and use a spatula to scrape up every last bit of food stuck to the base of the match. This is important to avoid a burn off warning. Push the rice down to be just submerged in the food, but do not stir.
- Pour in the remaining broth, then add the diced chicken, diced carrots and rice (in this order). Push down the rice to be only submerged in the meals, but do not stir.
- Shut and seal the lid and cook on Manual high pressure for 3minutes, together with the keep warming setting off. At the end of cooking time, permit the pressure to release naturally for 10minutes, then speedy discharge the remaining tension.
- Remove the lid, then add the soy-sauce and sesame-oil and stir till the rice is well coated. Add the peas and reserved scrambled egg and continue to blend till well combined. Place the lid askew on the kettle for a minute or two to allow the egg and peas to warm through. Serve immediately with your preferred garnish or divide among four storage containers for meal prep. Eat within four days.
This recipe was tested in a 6-qt Instant Pot model.
Calories: 489kcal | Carbohydrates: 64g | Protein: 35g | Fat: 9g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Cholesterol: 154mg | Sodium: 612mg | Potassium: 770mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 5637IU | Vitamin C: 11mg | Calcium: 60mg | Iron: 2mg
Incoming search terms:
- insta pot fried chicken