Honey Bourbon Wings Best Family Recipes – Each and every part of my own life is at maximum pace now: work, additional job, my online shop is hopping with Teacher Appreciation requests, enormous amounts of excellent pleasure site work, kid things, volunteer work, and travel planning for the remainder of the year (see you shortly Idaho, Montana, Hawaii, and assorted Washington Wine Country spots!) .
Has your week been just too mad? This is one weekend I am looking forward to! Weeks like this can only be fulfilled with a single meal: sticky chicken wings. They are baked or broiled, sweet or spicy. Wings always manage to create almost any meal a celebration. And this week deserves some party, buddies.
Today I’m sharing my recipe for Honey Bourbon Wings.
Honey bourbon is the magic combo that keeps on giving. I love to honey bourbon ALL THE THINGS — what out of Honey Bourbon Chocolate Truffles to Slow Cooker Honey Bourbon Meatballs. You bet I have some honey bourbon cocktails planned for the summer, too (cheers!) .
These baked chicken wings are slightly sweet and much more on the tacky side, versus the dripping-with-sauce, spicy Buffalo wings type of chicken wings. I really like that these honey bourbon chicken wings are baked. Baking wings gives them beautiful, yummy sticky skin whilst keeping superb tender meat that’s packed with flavours.
These wings can be served as a party appetizer and would be great for any tailgating party or holiday soiree. These may also be paired with a salad and a few rice to produce a delectable meal every night of the week.
Honey + Bourbon + Wings = the ultimate head-into-the-weekend BLISS. Eat up, and enjoy the weekend ahead!
- 2 pounds chicken wings
- 3 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 3 tablespoons molasses
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons bourbon
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3 garlic cloves finely minced
- salt and pepper
- Combine all marinade ingredients (apple cider vinegar through garlic) into a large bowl.
- Add the chicken wings and toss gently to coat. Sprinkle all sides with salt and pepper.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least one hour. You can make these the day before and refrigerate over night as well.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cover a baking pan with foil and coat with cooking spray.
- Remove chicken wings from the bowl, setting aside the marinade.
- Place chicken wings, wing-side down, on the foil.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
- At 30 minutes, baste chicken with reserve marinade, and rotate the pan.
- Bake for another 20-30 minutes until the chicken is cooked through.
- Remove from oven and let rest for 10 minutes before serving.