Chickpea Scramble (High-Protein Vegan Breakfast) – Chickpea scramble is the perfect effortless vegan breakfast choice. It’s obviously soy and fermented, high in protein, and full of taste. Plus, it requires only five ingredients and 10 minutes to make!
If you’re searching for a tasty meal to get your day started right, look no more! This chickpea scramble recipe checks all of the boxes.
Finding a tasty savory vegan breakfast that’s also soy-free can occasionally be a small challenge. A good deal of the store-bought choices contain soy, thus a soy-free breakfast generally requires you to create things from scratch, and that seems daunting to a individuals, we included. Luckily, options like chickpea scramble make it easier than ever.
The scramble that we’re sharing today is simply 5-ingredients but consider this as a base that you can personalize to your liking. Add veggies, greens, vegan cheese, and even other seasonings which will take this to the next level.
Advantages of Chickpea Flour:
- High in fiber
- Great for digestion
- Obviously soy and Fermented
We did a vegetarian egg taste evaluation where we tried both store-bought and homemade variants, and chickpea scramble was one of our favorites! After enjoying it , we believed it could only be fitting for us to make a recipe to the site that you test, too!
In case you make this recipe, then let’s know what you think in the comments below!
Chickpea Scramble (High-Protein Vegan Breakfast)
- 1/2 cup chickpea-flour
- 1/2 cup vegetable-broth
- 1 tsp garlic-powder
- 1/4 tsp turmeric-(for color)
- 1/4 tsp kala-namak-(Indian black salt, for “eggy” flavor)
- 1 tbsp oil-(for cooking)
- Add all of the ingredients except for the black salt to a medium sized bowl and whisk until smooth. Add more chickpea flour, 1 tablespoon at a time, as needed to thicken. The mixture should be the consistency of a pancake batter.
- Heat a medium nonstick pan over medium heat with 1 tablespoon of oil (recommended). Once warmed, add in the batter. Cook, mixing often, until the mixture reaches the consistency of scrambled eggs, about 4-6 minutes. It will seem like it is too wet at first but if you keep cooking it, it will eventually dry out into the scramble consistency. We suggest when you mix it, to press it down into a thin layer so that it all cooks evenly. If it piles up into a “ball of dough”, it will not cook all the way through.
- Sprinkle in the black salt and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Remove from heat and serve warm. We served ours alongside our vegan breakfast potatoes.
Incoming search terms:
- Chickpea Scramble (Soy-Free & High-Protein Vegan Breakfast)