Chickpea Salad Recipe – This Chickpea Salad is a light and refreshing summer salad recipe, and you can easily add in more vegetables too! It is vegan, oil-free, gluten-free, and plant-based. Salads are plentiful in the summertime, there are so many delicious salads to pick from, and you can easily adapt the recipe for your specific dietary requirements.
Our Chickpea salad recipe is a recipe that everyone can enjoy, making it perfect for your next outdoor party and a great addition or swap for the customary potato salad or coleslaw side dishes.
We love wrapping it up in a freshly grilled pita pocket with some hummus and grilled vegetables. If you like a salad using fresh herbs and chopped raw vegetables, this is for you, and it’s even perfect for meal prepping.
HOW TO MAKE CHICKPEA SALAD
You simply need a couple of ingredients to create this delicious chickpea salad.
- Chickpeas: it is possible to use homemade chickpeas or canned; those add a decent amount of protein. If you cannot find them, you can utilize 1/3 of an lemon.
- Persian Cucumber: Persian Cucumbers have no seeds, they’re smaller, like a baby cucumber. If you cannot find these, you can use 1/3 of an English cucumber.
- Roma Tomatoes: Roma tomatoes are firm and comfortable to eliminate the seeds.
- Red Pepper: Red peppers add sweetness, vitamin C, B6, and folate — don’t hesitate to add the whole thing or snack on the other half.
- Red Onion: Red onions add another crunch, a little bitterness, and beautiful colour.
- Lemon Juice: The lemon juice adds brightness and acidity.
- Herbs: Fresh Parsley is that our herb of choice for this fresh salad, you might also add in cilantro if you would like.
- Seasoning: Salt completes this and brings all the flavors together. It is possible to leave out if needed.
- Blend: Chop up the vegetables to bite-size bits and combine them into a bowl with the chickpeas. Chop the parsley and mix with the lemon juice and salt. Pour over the salad and toss to combine.
I hope you enjoy and thanks a lot for reading. Want to browse all of my recipe posts? Follow my Pinterest
Please, if you recreate this Chickpea Salad Recipe, don’t forget to give me star rate or comment below. Thanks!
Try these other Delicious Recipes options:
- Vegan Avocado Pesto Pasta Diet Plan Recipe
- Chicken Burrito Bowls Recipe For Lunch
- Slow Cooker Honey Garlic Chicken
- Crunchy Cashew Thai Quinoa Salad (vegan & gluten-free)
- Healthy Summer Broccoli Salad
- Healthier Broccoli Chicken Casserole
Chickpea Salad Recipe
- 1 can-chickpeas
- 1 Persian-cucumber
- 1 Roma-tomato
- 1/2 red-pepper
- 1/8 cup red-onion
- 1 lemon-juiced
- 1 tablespoon parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher-salt
- Chop up the vegetables into bite-size pieces and mix them into a bowl with the chickpeas.
- Chop the parsley and mix with the lemon juice and salt.
- Pour the lemon juice and parsley mixture over the salad and toss to combine.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- If you can’t find Persian cucumbers, you can use 1/3 of an English cucumber.
- Need more sauce? You can add more lemon juice or add in some olive oil if you’re not following an oil-free diet.
- Easily double or triple this recipe for entertaining.
- Like most mixed salads, it’s even better the next day.
- This salad should last about four days in the fridge stored in an airtight container.