This healthy vegan cauliflower fried rice is so good, so easy, so healthy, so filling! If you’re craving fried rice, then this is the ideal, healthy, vegan alternative to the traditional Asian dish.
How to Make Healthy Fried Cauliflower Rice
This recipe is simple to create and one of my favorite weeknight dinners. It takes less than 20 minutes and even less if you pre the riced cauliflower ahead of time. In terms of the oil in this recipe, although most of my recipes are oil-free, I’d suggest keeping the sesame oil in this recipe as it gives the dish which”fried rice” flavour.
To make this dish, cook the garlic in a skillet with the sesame oil for a couple of minutes then add the carrots and cook for another 3-4 minutes. Insert the remaining ingredients, cook up it until heated through and serve.
Scroll down to locate a video of this recipe being created.
How to Make Cauliflower Rice
To make cauliflower rice:
- Wash a head of cauliflower then chop or break into large chunks. I like to split it up and throw it in a colander to wash it easily.
- Add the balls into a food processor and pulse a few times before it forms a rice consistency. That’s it!
The riced cauliflower can be saved in the fridge and used in various recipes or used right away in this fried rice dish.
Vegan Cauliflower Fried Rice
This easy dish is ready in about 15 minutes, low in carbs and fat and provides 10 g of fermented protein per serving. It’s also very filling for only 183 calories each serving.
To include more protein into this dish, I’d propose adding chickpeas, edamame, baked tofu or marinated baked tempeh. You could also stir in certain scrambled tofu since traditional fried rice has egg in it.
I hope you enjoy and thanks a lot for reading. Want to browse all of my recipe posts? Follow my Pinterest.
Please, if you recreate this Healthy Vegan Cauliflower Fried Rice, don’t forget to give me star rate or comment below. Thanks!
Try these other Delicious Recipes options:
- Super Easy Vegan Burrito Recipe
- Keto Low Carb Beef and Broccoli
- Spicy Shrimp Tacos with Avocado Crema
- Apple Pecan Fall Salad
- Sweet Potato & Quinoa Chili
- Grilled Pineapple Chicken (Paleo + Whole30)
Healthy Vegan Cauliflower Fried Rice
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 4 carrots peeled and diced (225 g)
- 1/2 –1 tsp red pepper flakes to taste
- 1 1/2 heads of cauliflower riced (1080 g, approx. 10 cups riced)
- 4 green onions diced
- 1 cup frozen green peas 170 g
- 1 cup frozen corn 170 g
- 3 tbsp soy sauce use gluten-free soy sauce or tamari if needed
- salt and pepper to taste
- Bring the sesame oil to medium-high heat in a wok or large pan.
- Add the garlic and stir for a minute or two.
- Add the carrots and continue cooking for 3 minutes or so until they start to soften.
- Add the red pepper flakes, riced cauliflower, peas, green onion, peas, corn and soy sauce.
- Cook for about 10 minutes until the cauliflower is tender, stir often.
- Serve immediately.