Taco night has always been a favorite in our house. These Keto Low Carb Taco Cups are a favored that keeps everyone on track with their dietary needs. They’re super easy to make, flavorful, and naturally, easy to adapt to your requirements and favorite toppings!
Keto Low Carb Taco Cups
As a busy mother of 4 kids, I’m always searching for ways to incorporate our Keto/low carb lifestyle in recipes which my kids will enjoy. I think that it is simpler to find creative ways to prepare a method so it can be eaten differently instead of constantly searching for brand new recipes. One of my child’s favorite go-to meals is tacos. My children eat theirs on tortillas while my hubby and I consume our taco meat on a bed of lettuce. I typically cook extra so that the children and I will eat it for lunch as well.
Though my kids probably would not care if we had taco night once a week, I was searching for a way to change this up and came up with Low Carb Taco Cups. I’ve appreciated tweaking my Keto Biscuit recipe to make a low-carb version of Keto Low Carb Chicken Pot Pie, Keto Sausage Ball Recipe, and Cheesy Keto Breadsticks and believed it’d be ideal for this recipe too.
Although my kids were somewhat suspicious at first, they ended up eating a few low carb Taco Cups and enjoying them. You know a keto recipe is good when it gets the stamp of approval from your children.
These easy Keto Low Carb Taco Cups are really easy to create and come together fast with only a couple of ingredients.
The batter will be thick out of all the fiber from the coconut flour. That is normal. If you want to substitute vanilla flour, instead, it is not a 1:1 substitution. You are going to want 4x as much almond milk like coconut flour. They will puff up once you bake them just a bit. Use the back of a spoon to push back down before adding the taco meat. Generously sprinkle cheese on top. I used cheddar, however you may use your favourite selection.
Tips for Creating Keto Taco Cups
If you are into moving forward, you may want to cook ground beef in large batches. It is fantastic for recipes like this. Simply cook it with pepper, salt, garlic, and seasonings, fresh, and split into 1-2 cup portions to freeze. Then, when you’re all set to generate a recipe, then thaw a bit at a time and throw it together. This saves a lot of time in the cooking procedure.
Looking for some other baked chicken recipes? Check out my Keto Cheesy Garlic Breadsticks.
I hope you enjoy and thanks a lot for reading. Want to browse all of my recipe posts? Follow my Pinterest.
Please, if you recreate this Keto Low Carb Taco Cups, don’t forget to give me star rate or comment below. Thanks!
Try these other Delicious Recipes options:
- Keto Cheesy Garlic Breadsticks
- Keto Teriyaki Chicken
- Easy Oven Baked Chicken Parmesan
- Spicy Shrimp Over Creamy Spinach Cauliflower Rice
- Easy Keto Pizza Roll Ups
- Healthy Chicken Alfredo with Spaghetti Squash
Keto Low Carb Taco Cups
- 4½ tbsp of butter-melted-and-cooled
- ⅓ cup coconut-flour
- 1 oz cream-cheese-softened
- 4 eggs
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp baking-powder
- ½ tsp garlic-powder
- 1⅓ cup cheddar-cheese-shredded
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees and grease a muffin pan.
- Combine melted butter (I cool mine by popping up the bowl in the refrigerator for 5minutes ), salt, eggs, and cream cheese, then whisk together.
- Add coconut flour, baking powder, and spices to the mix and stir until combined.
- Stir in cheeses.
- Spoon into muffin tins.
- Then, spray fingers with cooking spray–Pat the batter around the sides of muffin tins to form a cup.
- Bake for 8minutes then remove from oven. If the dough rises, push it back down with the back of a spoon.
- Spoon taco beef into taco cups.
- Sprinkle about a tbsp of cheese on top of taco meat.
- Put back into the oven and continue baking for 5minutes or till cheese is melted, and taco cups are cooked all of the way through.
Calories: 131kcal | Carbohydrates: 2g | Protein: 5g | Fat: 11g | Saturated Fat: 6g | Cholesterol: 81mg | Sodium: 199mg | Potassium: 44mg | Fiber: 1g | Vitamin A: 370IU | Calcium: 106mg | Iron: 0.4mg